Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Food For Thought

Okay, blog friends, I'm afraid this week has not lent itself to successful blogging. We've had some annoying health problems (nothing too serious, but serious enough to create a severely out-of-sorts toddler and mama). All of my resources have gone to keeping my family sane (relatively speaking), and I don't have enough left to give you an effective, well-thought-out blogpost you need, so instead of doing you the disservice of posting a half-assed article, I'm going to give you a few ideas/concepts to mull over and meditate on over the next few dayS while I collect my thoughts and sanity.

Did you know, brothers and sisters, that you are sanctified?  That you have been set apart by your Creator and Savior for a special and holy purpose?  You've probably heard that idea a time or two, but do you know what it means? Have you ever heard any teaching or spent any time thinking about and studying what that concept might really look like in your day-to-day life?

How about legalism? I'd be willing to bet you've heard that word thrown around in your church 10x more than "sanctified" or "set apart," it seems to be quite the catchphrase in the emerging church of late.  But what does it really mean? What does legalism look like in a real world context and why is it so often confused with Christ's call for holiness (1 Peter1:14-16)?

These ideas have been bouncing around in my head all week, so now let them bounce around in yours for a few days, and we'll really get down and dirty with the hard stuff on Monday, when hopefully some sense of normalcy has returned to my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment